Welcome to Bailey Road School
Kia ora, Greetings, Talofa lava, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Namaste, An Young Haseyo, Konichiwha, Bula Vinaka, Akwaaba, Jambo, Shalom, Sawadee, Dobra Dan, Ni Hao, As-salamu alaykum.
Welcome to the Bailey Road School website.
I have the honour of being the Principal of this marvelous school of approximately 500 students.
Community, students, whānau and staff work together to provide our tamariki with all of the learning opportunities and experiences we are able, to arm them with options and choices when they move further along their life journeys.
We endeavour to empower, resource and respect all who work and volunteer at our school so that we can focus our combined energy upon our core roles of teaching, mentoring, guiding and encouraging our tamariki to believe that they can achieve whatever they set out to do.
Whether student or staff member we challenge ourselves daily to be the very best we can be.
Principal - Ray Kelly
Term Dates 2022
Term 1: Tuesday 1 February - Thursday 14 April
Term 2: Tuesday 3 May - Friday 8 July
Term 3: Monday 25 July - Friday 30 September
Term 4: Monday 17 October - Friday 16 December
TEACHER ONLY DAYS
Term 1: TBC
Term 2: Monday 2 May
Term 4: Friday 21 October and Friday 18 November
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS (school closed)
Auckland Anniversary Day - Monday 31 January
Waitangi Day (observed) - Monday 7 February
Good Friday - Friday 15 April
Queen's Birthday - Monday 6 June
Matariki - Friday 24 June
Labour Day - Monday 24 October
BACK TO SCHOOL - Tuesday 1 February
We are at Red Traffic Light Level.
* Junior, Office and Cotswold gates will open at 8.30am
* masks to be worn by Year 3-8 students and visitors in the school grounds
* Junior parents are welcome onto the school grounds
to settle their children into their classrooms
* gates will be closed promptly at 9am and will reopen
* end of day pick up - junior parents to remain in the
coned area outside Room 9, other parents to remain
* stationery lists can be found on the OUR SCHOOL tab
* Healthy School Lunches are provided everyday
* school hats must be worn everyday
* Swimming may begin in Week 1 - so get your togs
* Ensure your child is wearing sunscreen everyday (put
some in their bag)
Vaccinations are available for all children over five years of age and we encourage you to get your tamariki and mokopuna vaccinated to provide as much personal protection and, importantly, community protection from this virus.